Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Fire from Heaven 11-28-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. In these first moments of the morning in contemplative prayer, let me hear no voice but Your voice, think no thoughts but Your thoughts, have no desires but Your desires. I watch and wait for You alone -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. ... "Now, O my God, let Your eyes be open and Your ears attentive to prayer from this place.... When Solomon had ended his prayer, fire came down from heaven and consumed the burnt offerings and the sacrifices; and the glory of the Lord filled the temple" (2 Chronicles 6:40-7:1). Solomon built a temple for You; and by Your grace, You have built a temple in me. Through the sacrifice of the blood of the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, my body is now "a temple of the Holy Spirit" (1 Corinthians 6:19). As I offer to You in prayer the burnt offerings of my heart and soul with the sacrifices of my thoughts and desires, let Your fire come down from heaven. Consume my flesh and fill me afresh with the glory of Your presence living in me. "Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy that person. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple" (1 Corinthians 3:16). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we are planning some times to share the vision and calling of Messiah Ministries with those who are friends of our ministry and those who would like to know more. If you are in the Lexington area and would like to be included, please send me a note at MessiahMin@aol.com or call Marilyn at 859-317-1591. God bless! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com