Tuesday, December 05, 2006

"Extraordinary Miracles" 12-5-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I offer my life a sacrifice. Fill me with Your Spirit, lead me in Your ways, send me in Your will. ... "God did extraordinary miracles through Paul" (Acts 19:11). Paul was just a man, made of flesh and blood. Yet he came to the place of trusting faith, brokenness and humility, delivered from pride of self, until he was "crucified with Christ" (Galatians 2:19). Then his life truly became a living sacrifice. Then he could truly say, "It is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me" (v. 2:20). The more he was conformed to the nature of Christ, the more he was entrusted with the authority of Christ. Not Paul's authority, but Your authority being released through him as he learned to abide in You and allow You to abide in him. Then he saw You do extraordinary miracles. You did the miracles, but You did them through Paul -- a yielded vessel, an obedient instrument of Your grace and Your power made perfect through his weakness. In humility and in faith, Paul knew the source of the power being released through his life, as he acknowledged before heaven and earth, "I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me" (2 Corinthians 12:9). Lord, I pray You would continue to break my pride and crucify my flesh. Conform me to Your nature. Teach me to abide in You and allow You to abide in me, more and more every day. I am just a man of flesh and blood, but so was Paul. I want to be part of the body of Christ who is so filled the Spirit of Christ that we see the fulfillment of Your promise in our day: "Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in Me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father. I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son" (John 14:12-13). I am asking to see Your extraordinary miracles released through my life for Your glory. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we are planning to send out our quarterly newsletter, Messiah's Messenger. If you have changed addresses or would like us to add yours, please send us a note with your regular mailing address, and we'll send one to you. God bless! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com . Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794