Sunday, December 31, 2006

"I Come to the End" 12-31-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. You are my All in All. I watch and wait in surrender and silence for the leading of Your Spirit into the arms of my Father. ... "In Your book were written all the days that were formed for me, when none of them as yet existed. How weighty to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! I try to count them -- they are more than the sand; I come to the end -- I am still with You" (Psalm 139:16-18). I have come to the end of another year of the journey of faith in prayer with You. Morning by Morning, I have settled in to my chair, opened my journal and my heart, lifted my face and spirit, and called on Your name to watch and wait in the silence of surrender for the leading of Your Spirit. "I come to the end -- I am still with You." I come to the end, and You are still with me. You never leave me, nor forsake me. All that I endure, You have endured with me and within me by unending presence of Your Holy Spirit abiding in me as I abide in You. Though You have not willed all that I have experienced this year, You have used it all as a means of Your grace to continue Your labor of love to conform me into the image of Christ (Romans 8:28-30). You have known every challenge that would come, every choice that would be made, and Your power to redeem all that would happen, no matter the source. I need not fear any of the things that are written in Your book of my days, because I know by faith the assurance of Your peace that my name is written in Your "book of life" (Revelation 20:12 and 21:27). Thank You for walking with me through this year. Thank You for being there to walk with me through the next. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Dear Friends, thank you for joining with me in the journey this year. I pray these morning prayers have been a blessing and encouragement to you as we have sought to surrender our lives into the hands of God every day, as He has led us in His journey for us -- making us more like Him every day, by His grace and in His power. I would appreciate your prayers for my grandmother, Edna Hays. She is 87 years old and we call her "Nanny." She came up to Kentucky from Texas to spend Christmas with us. But Friday night she suddenly had severe shortage of breath and had to go into the hospital, struggling with congestive heart failure. She is very peaceful now and should be back with us in a couple of days. She is a strong woman of prayer and faith, and I know the Lord has many more years for her to pray "on site with insight" here on earth with us through these last battles of these exciting days. We need one another's prayers. And I pray for you and all those you love to pray through and press on to the end of our calling for our generation to the glory of our King and His Kingdom. God bless you, my friends! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com