Sunday, December 17, 2006

Tremble at the Word 12-17-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me wait for Your Word and listen for Your leading. ... "Thus says the Lord: Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool; what is the house that you would build for Me, and what is My resting place? All these things My hand has made, and so all these things are Mine, says the Lord. But this is the one to whom I will look, to the humble and contrite in spirit, who trembles at My Word" (Isaiah 66:1-2). Lord, let me never cease to tremble at Your Word. Though it may be written down into a book, though it may be packaged and sold in bookstores, though it may fill the shelves of my book cases, it is still the Word of God. It is holy and to be treated with reverence and awe in the fear of God. They say familiarity breads contempt. Forgive me for any way my sensitivity to the privilege and honor of knowing You and hearing Your Word has grown dull. The sons of Eli were priests who failed to tremble at Your Word. "They treated the offerings of the Lord with contempt" (1 Samuel 2:17). And they were judged for their sins with their lives. Lord, keep me mindful of the mystery of Your Word, revealed to us through Your Scripture and through Your Person. You are the Word of God (John 1:1, 14). By Your grace, I tremble before You. I welcome You to make my heart Your home, as I honor You and Your Word. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com