Thursday, January 18, 2007

Conditions of the Covenant of Revival 1-19-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. At the leading of Your Spirit, I come humbly to Your feet and call boldly on Your name. You are my Lord and Savior. I submit to Your lordship and surrender to Your salvation in every area of my life -- as best as I can and all by Your grace. ... "If My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray, seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:14). Some have called these words Your Covenant of Revival. We need Your forgiveness and healing in our hearts and in our land. We need Your revival every day -- a fresh breath of Your life in every weary and dead place of our souls. And You want to bring it. You have covenanted with us to bring it. But there are conditions to Your covenant. There is and "if" to the "then" of Your promise. You hear from heaven when there are cries from earth -- cries from the hearts of Your people humbled in repentance and persistent in prayer. O Lord, start a revival in my spirit today. As in the days of Ezekiel, speak new life to these dry bones. Let a fresh wind of Your Spirit blow through my soul and my land. Move in my heart to call on Your name. I want to be surrendered and saved, submitted and sanctified, cleansed in Your blood and filled with Your Spirit, more and more every day. You hear the humble and answer those who call in repentance and faith -- daily turning away from ourselves and toward You. These are the conditions of Your covenant of revival. Keep reminding me of Your conditions; keep calling me to prayer; and keep coming in the power of revival in my soul and my land. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for covering us prayer yesterday as I joined pastors and ministry leaders having the broader vision of the Kingdom of God rather than only our own churches and ministries from Lexington and Wilmore on the campus of Asbury College. I couldn't help but speak on revival in this historic place where God has moved in the power of revival to transform hearts and lives in this land so many times. Together, we humbled our hearts in the unity of prayer for the healing of our land. I pray the same for you and your land. May the Lord God Almighty break through in revival power in every area of your life as you commit to the conditions of the His covenant of revival in humility and faith. God bless you! Come to The Fountain! this Friday night 1/19 at 7 pm for our ministry's monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship in the chapel of Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Road in Lexington. We come together from many different traditions to worship in the Spirit and welcome the presence and power of God in our lives. Come be refreshed and renewed as we drink deeply from the Living Waters. All are welcome! Call us for information at 859-317-1591 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com