Friday, January 19, 2007

Covenant of Friendship 1-19-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose to commit my thoughts and desires to You today. ... "Who are they that fear the Lord? He will teach them the way that they should choose. They will abide in prosperity, and their children shall possess the land. The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear Him, and He makes His covenant known to them" (Psalm 25:12-14). Those who turn to You to be taught are those You teach. Those who fear You are those You befriend. Your blessings are for those who seek Your blessings by choosing to bring their lives under submission to Your ways and Your will. You teach us the way, but we must choose to walk in it. Obedience is a condition to this covenant of friendship: "You are My friends if you do what I command you" (John 15:14). Lord give me the wisdom and the grace to seek You and honor You in the fear of the Lord. I need Your leading and I need Your teaching. I want to know Your friendship and the blessings of Your covenant of friendship with me. So help me to know You and fear You, trust You and obey You. Help me be Your friend. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! Tonight 1/19 at 7 pm for our ministry's monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship in the chapel of Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Road in Lexington. We come together from many different traditions to worship in the Spirit and welcome the presence and power of God in our lives. Come be refreshed and renewed as we drink deeply from the Living Waters. All are welcome! Call us for information at 859-317-1591 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com