Saturday, January 06, 2007

Impoverished and Empowered 1-6-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your name is above all names. You are worthy of all praise. I praise Your name and seek Your face, entrusting my soul to mercy of Your grace. ... "He raises up the poor from the dust; He lifts the needy from the ash heap, to make them sit with princes and inherit a seat of honor" (1 Samuel 2:8). As I encounter the challenges of my life, I am increasingly aware of my poverty of power apart from You. As I encounter the pain and wounds, the bondage and shame of others crying out to You through the ministry of prayer for healing and deliverance, I am continually confronted with the knowledge of Your truth that I have absolutely nothing to give or say of any help at all apart from any gift of Your grace and power of Your word You choose to offer through me. Those words of wisdom You spoke long ago ring more true to me every day: "I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in Me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5). But as I acknowledge my poverty and humble my pride, You open wide the windows of grace over every problem and pain, every burden and barrier I entrust to You in the surrender of faith. My troubles and the troubles of those I come alongside in prayer don't always immediately vanish -- but they are vanquished in the power of Your promises and the peace of Your presence. Fear is overcome by faith and stress is overcome by the sense of security You impart to our souls. "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:3). You humble the proud, but empower the humble. You empower the impoverished. "Has not God chosen the poor in the world to be rich in faith and to be heirs of the kingdom that He has promised to those who love Him?" (James 2:5). Yes, Lord. I love You and I need You. Keep me poor in deepening dependence on You, that You many continually demonstrate Your power through my poverty. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, it seems lately the Lord and/or our baby have been waking me up early. Then I find myself concerned, even almost overwhelmed with concern for myself, my family, my clients, and my world. Sickness and disease, terrorism and hunger, Israel and Islam, earthquakes and hurricanes, lost souls and poverty, abortion, addictions, and preparing the way of the Lord and the coming of the King. As soon as I can, I try to allow the Lord to draw me to prayer and entrust it all to Him. Peace comes through prayer. His grace is sufficient for me. And it comforts me to know that by morning's light, you are joining me in prayer. Thank you and God bless you for joining me in the journey. I pray the Lord's peace through prayer in your journey. These are dark days, but the Light has never shined brighter for those with eyes to see and hearts to hear (Isaiah 60). The prayers of God's people led by His Spirit are some of the most significant ways His Light is shining in the midst of the darkness. (Now I can rest and get back to bed for a little "nap" before morning. Thanks for listening to this little extra prayer this morning. -- your friend and brother in the Lord, Tommy To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com