Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Made Worthy and Welcome 1-17-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Humble my heart and cleanse me of sin, lift up my face and draw me within. Lead me down the path of surrender in prayer to a deeper place of intimacy where I've never been. ... "And Jacob said, 'O God of my father Abraham and God of my father Isaac, O Lord who said to me, 'Return to your country and your kindred, and I will do you good,' I am not worthy of the least of all the steadfast love and all the faithfulness that You have shown to Your servant ...' " (Genesis 32:9-10). If it depended upon me alone, I could never draw near to You or welcome You to draw near to me -- in Your holiness and in my un-holiness, in Your perfect worthiness and in my perfect un-worthiness. But by the sacrifice of Your love and the cleansing of Your blood, it doesn't depend upon me. So by Your Holy Spirit and through the blood sacrifice of Your Son, Lord God my Father, draw me close to You as I welcome You to draw close to me. In the mercy of Your grace, I can receive Your call and obey Your command in response to Your love: "Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him, bless His name. For the Lord is good; His steadfast love endures forever, and His faithfulness to all generations" (Psalm 100:4-5). You have made me worthy and made me welcome. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I am excited to be invited by the Provost of Asbury College to speak there today for a Lexington Ministry Leaders' Luncheon. The Lord has moved in revival many times among the hearts of students hungry for His presence on this campus -- even as recently as last February, 2006. As ministry leaders, may we join them in the cry for revival in our hearts and throughout our land. Let's stand with one another in the agreement of prayer for God's revival of His people throughout the earth. God bless you! Come to The Fountain! this Friday night 1/19 at 7 pm for our ministry's monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship in the chapel of Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Road in Lexington. Come be refreshed and renewed as we drink deeply from the Living Waters. All are welcome! Paul Cooper from Liberty Worship Center will be leading in worship and I will be leading in prayer. Call us for information at 859-317-1591 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com