Thursday, January 11, 2007

Place of Provision 1-11-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As the song says, "I bow down, I lay my crown, at the feet of Jesus. ... I cry 'holy, holy, holy' ... holy is the Lamb. ... "Isaac said to his father Abraham, 'Father!' And he said, 'Here I am, my son.' He said, 'The fire and the wood are here, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?' Abraham said, 'God Himself will provide the lamb for a burnt offering, my son.' " (Genesis 22:7-8). Abraham committed his will to Your will in obedience and faith. His faith was revealed in his willingness to obey. In obedience, he was willing to surrender to You all that was important to him. And in faith, he was willing to believe that You would provide all he would need. His willingness to provide the lamb of his son in obedience to Your will and in faith of Your nature made the way for Your provision of the Lamb of Your Son on that very place -- the place he prophetically named Jehovah Jireh -- " 'The Lord will provide;' as it is said to this day, 'On the mount of the Lord it shall be provided' " (v. 22:14). At that place of Your provision that would later be called Golgatha, The Place of the Skull, Abraham committed his son to an altar of wood (v. 22:9). And so did You (John 19:16-18). In the nature of Your Son, You Yourself provided the Lamb -- our Creator humbling Yourself in an incomprehensible sacrifice of love for Your creation. Abraham had no idea that day all that his act of obedience in faith would mean. But his life affected my life that day. "And by your offspring shall all the nations of the earth gain blessing for themselves, because you have obeyed My voice" (Genesis 22:18). And I have no idea how you will use my acts of obedience in faith by Your grace to touch the lives of others. But give me the courageous faith of Abraham to trust and obey Your nature and Your will. As I do, You Yourself will provide all I need. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com . Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794