Wednesday, January 03, 2007

"Wait Quietly" 1-3-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I bow my head and my heart before You to listen for the leading of Your Spirit. ... "The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul that seeks Him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord" (Lamentations 3:25-26). Before I rise and go about my day, I wait for You. Before I look at what lies before me today, I seek You. I quiet my soul in the silence of surrender, watching and waiting for the leading of Your Spirit. My flesh wants to get up and go, but my spirit says, "Wait." It humbles my pride and crucifies my flesh, but it brings my body into submission to my soul and my soul into submission to my spirit and my spirit into submission to Your Holy Spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:23). Now the mind, will, and emotions of my soul will not lead, but will follow the lead of my spirit, in communion with Your Holy Spirit. Now I can better sense Your leading and better hear Your voice as I go about my day, discerning Your will to choice my way. This is a blessing of waiting quietly before You in the first moments of my morning. Thank You, Lord, for the gift of this blessing. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 http://www.messiah-ministries.org/ Daily Archives: http://www.morningbymorning.injesus.com/ . Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794