Tuesday, February 13, 2007

"Jesus is Lord" 2-13-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. In this moment, I consciously choose to think of You alone and listen for Your voice alone. ... "But what does it say? 'The word is near you, on your lips and in your heart' (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); because if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10:8-9). The most ancient creed of all who are called Christians is the confession of faith, "Jesus is Lord." This is the heart and soul of our faith. Everything else is secondary. "But in your hearts sanctify Christ as Lord. Always be ready to make your defense to anyone from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence" (1 Peter 3:15-16). "Lordship" is a relational term. If You are my Lord, then I am not. If You are in charge and in control of my life, then I am not. By Your grace, help me willingly choose to surrender and submit to Your will and Your ways in every area of my life. You don't want to be "Lord" in general or "Lord" of some of the specific areas of my life -- You want to be "Lord" of all. Are You? Have I surrendered and submitted every area of my life to Your Lordship? Have I yielded to Your control and put You in charge of my thoughts and desires, my will and ways, my hopes and plans? To the very degree that I have not, I am lord and You are not. To that degree, there is an idol on the throne of my heart -- and that idol is me. Convict me of my idolatry. Lead me to repentance and full surrender by Your grace through faith -- trusting, obedient faith. Help me "sanctify Christ as Lord" in every area of my heart. "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. See if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:23-24). Be Lord of all. Let me confess it with my mouth and believe it in my heart because it is true. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I would be glad to send you the PowerPoint of my teaching called "Preparing the Way of the Lord" with Scriptures and diagrams which are included in the dvd for my foundational teaching on spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance. Sanctifying Christ as Lord in every area of our lives is the key to this perspective of healing, wholeness, and freedom in our spirit, soul, and body. If you would be interested in the dvd or cd version of this teaching and prayer ministry from a healing prayer retreat I led at Cumberland Falls, Kentucky, please let us know. Scholarships are available to help cover the cost where needed. We want to make these available to everyone, as part of the calling of our ministry. To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com . Come to The Fountain! this Friday Night 2/16 -- the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794