Thursday, February 01, 2007

"Keep Still" 2-1-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You know how many moments I have in this day, how many burdens are on my heart, and how many responsibilities are on my plate. Before I think about any of that, I turn my thoughts to You alone. You are my strength, my wisdom, my peace, and my joy. You are the Answer to every need I have. ... "But Moses said to the people, 'Do not be afraid, stand firm, and see the deliverance that the Lord will accomplish for you today; for the Egyptians who you see today you shall never see again. The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to keep still' " (Exodus 13:13-14). Lord, I need You to fight for me. Deliver me from the horses and chariots that are trying to run me down and wear me out. Let me "stand firm" in Your faith, unafraid and unashamed to be completely dependent on You. As hard as it is, I choose to "keep still" in the silence of surrender, listening for the leading of Your voice, waiting on Your wisdom, until I hear Your command to "go forward" (v. 13:15). As I do, I know You will be throwing the armies of the enemy of my soul "into panic" at the sight of Your power (v. 14:24). And from the other side of the sea of Your deliverance, "I will sing to the Lord, for He has triumphed gloriously!" (v. 15:1). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com