Thursday, February 08, 2007

Wisdom, Access, Authority 2-8-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I turn my eyes toward You, as I wait and listen to sense Your leading. ... "Who knows? Perhaps you have come to royal dignity for just such a time as this?" (Esther 4:14). It seems I hear You gently speaking these words to my spirit over and over: "wisdom, access, authority." Yes, Lord. Help me listen and understand. ... It seems Your Holy Spirit is lifting these words from my spirit as thoughts in my mind: "My son, I am forming My wisdom in My people -- a wisdom they learn as I work My Word in the experiences of their lives. I am positioning My people in places of access and influence to share My wisdom with authority. This is my means of transformation of souls and cities. All who will hear and respond to the wisdom of My ways will be changed. They will be instruments of My grace to display My glory, shining as lights in the midst of the darkness. I desire to draw all people out of darkness and into My light, transforming them into My image and conforming them to My nature." Yes, Lord. Like all Your sons and daughters, I have come to "royal dignity" for just such a time as this. "Then the King will say to those at His right hand, 'Come, you that are blessed by My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world' " (Matthew 25:34). "For in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith" (Galatians 3:26). "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people, in order that you may proclaim the mighty acts of Him who called you out of darkness and in to His marvelous light" (1 Peter 2:9). My Father God, keep working the wisdom of Your Word in my life. Position me in places of access and influence for Your plans and purposes, not mine. Empower me to pray and proclaim Your Word and Your will in the ways You choose to change souls and cities wherever You send me as an instrument of Your grace -- whether in the spirit in prayer or in person in the flesh. "Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received. Whoever speaks must do so as one speaking the very words of God; whoever serves must do so with the strength that God supplies, so that God may be glorified in all things through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power forever and ever" (1 Peter 4:10-11). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I will be teaching on Spiritual Warfare as one of the workshops for the regional missions conference my home church is hosting this Saturday, February 10 called "Gear Up! Reach Out!" All are welcome. Call Centenary United Methodist Church in Lexington for registration details 859-269-2800 or www.centenarylex.org To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com . Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794