Monday, February 26, 2007

Words of Life 2-26-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Open the eyes of my heart to seek Your face; open the ears of my spirit to listen for Your voice. ... "Let no evil talk come out of your mouths, but only what is useful for building up, as there is need, so that your words may give grace to those who hear" (Ephesians 4:29). One way You have created us in Your image, is by releasing Your power through the words we speak. "Death and life are in the power of the tongue" (Proverbs 18:21). "A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit" (v. 15:4). With the words of Your mouth, You created the Tree of Life (Genesis 1:11; 2:9). And You desire the words of my mouth to speak life as well. Lord, sanctify my tongue; purify the words of my mouth. Like Isaiah, take a coal from Your altar and cleanse my lips from sin (Isaiah 6:6). Empower me to speak words of life and truth to build up the spirit of those You bring into my life. And where others have failed to speak Your words of truth and life into my spirit, help me forgive them and release them to You by Your grace. Draw out the "deadly poison" of unholy words, and replace them with Your words of healing and life (James 3:8). I receive this grace from You; help me give this grace to others. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com