Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Holy Desperation 3-13-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I worship You Lord, in spirit and truth, in every dimension of Your Being -- God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. ... "My beloved speaks and says to me: Arise My love, My fair one, and come away" (Song of Solomon 2:10). As You spoke to the young woman in the person of her Bridegroom, so You speak to the spirit of all who seek Your face and yearn for the touch of Your embrace. Even so, sometimes there are seasons when it seems we can't find the One we seek or touch the One we long to embrace. "I sought Him whom my soul loves; I sought Him but found Him not; I called Him but He gave no answer" (v. 3:1). But You use even these seasons -- in Your perfect way, in Your perfect timing -- to work a hunger for Your presence and an insatiable desire for Your touch deep into our souls. Then the hunger of our hearts becomes a holy desperation for the filling of Your Spirit, and we are blessed in Your embrace. "Blessed are you who are hungry now, for you shall be filled" (Luke 6:21). As You fill us afresh with the fullness of Your presence, we are like the young bride whose yearning to hold You led her to passionately seek You until she found You and embraced You. "I found Him whom my soul loves. I held Him and would not let Him go" (Song of Solomon 3:4). Thank You, Lord, for the seasons of hunger that lead to the seasons of feast. Like the grace that comes through fasting and the prayer of holy desperation, thank You for using the hunger of my heart and the longing of my soul to empty myself of every desire but the desire for more of You. With a hungry heart And a longing soul I seek Your face And Your embrace I hear You call And here I come My spirit soars And there You are My soul awakes To rise to You Come hold me close Here in Your arms Lord draw me near to You. Arise, my soul, arise. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! this Friday night 3/16 at 7 pm for our ministry's monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship in the chapel of Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Road in Lexington. Come be refreshed and renewed as we drink deeply from the Living Waters. Sandra White of Bethlehem Farm Ministries and I will be leading in prayer and Paul Cooper of Liberty Worship Center will be leading in worship. All are welcome! Call us for information at 859-317-1591 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com