Friday, March 23, 2007

The Key of David 3-23-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You, Lord, to speak to my spirit and lead me by Your Spirit, as I watch and wait in Your presence. ... "These are the words of the holy One, the true One, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, who shuts and no one opens " (Revelation 3:7). The key of David is humility. Though he was anointed king, with all the power and authority that implies, the power of his flesh was strong and the power of his spirit was weak in his hour of temptation. Yet his conscience could not persist in the face of Your conviction, and he humbled himself in the confession and repentance of prayer. "The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not despise" (Psalm 51:17). He cried out to You in anguish from the crushing burden of sin that he might again "hear joy and gladness; let the bones that You have crushed rejoice" (v. 51:8). Lord Jesus, You are the "the son of David" (Matthew 1:1). And in perfect humility, You hold "the key of David." You are anointed "King of kings and Lord of lords," with all the power and authority that implies (Revelation 19:16). Yet You humbled Yourself of all the power of heaven and earth, as the Word made flesh living among us (John 1:14). "Christ Jesus, who, though He was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave, being born in human likeness. And being found in human form, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death -- even death on a cross" (Philippians 2:5-8). Though David sinned, as son of David, You "who knew no sin" took upon Yourself the crushing burden of our sin, that in You, "we might become the righteousness of God" (2 Corinthians 5:21; Isaiah 53:10). Because You willingly chose to humble Yourself for us as God the Son in obedience to the will of God the Father, You have "the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father" (Philippians 2:9-11). As I take up the key of David in Christ, help me continually humble myself in Your sight, that You may lift me up to receive the full measure of mercy and grace You died for me to receive in the sacrifice of Your love (James 4:10). With the humbled heart of David, I continually cry out to You, "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow" (Psalm 51:7). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com