Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Sovereign One 3-20-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the sovereign One, the holy One. I put my life in Your hands, in trusting surrender and confident faith. ... "In the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who in His testimony before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you to keep the commandment without spot or blame until the manifestation of our Lord Jesus Christ, which He will bring about at the right time -- He who is the blessed and only sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords" (1 Timothy 6:13-15). Lord, I hear You forming the words of a new song in my soul, as Your Holy Spirit sings Your praise through my human spirit: You are the sovereign One, the holy One All time is in Your hands. You are the perfect One, the mighty One More wise than any man. You are the living One, the only One Who sees the beginning and the end. You the righteous One, the coming One Who saves the souls of men. And I will praise You And I will love You With all my heart and soul. And I will seek You And I will greet You Come make my heart Your home. Yes, Lord. Come make my heart Your home this day and every day. I willingly submit to Your authority and trustingly surrender to Your ways, as best as I can and all by Your grace. Form Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Conform my will to Your will and transform my nature to Your nature. As You led me to teach my children to pray -- "Dear Lord Jesus, make me more like You each day." I have so far to go, but You have come so far -- from heaven to earth and from the earth to heaven, from where You will come "to judge the living and the dead" in the authority of Your sovereignty and the mercy of Your grace (1 Peter 4:5). "Say among the nations, 'The Lord is King! The world is firmly established; it shall never be moved. He will judge the peoples with equity.' Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice; let the sea roar and all that fills it; let the field exult and everything in it. Then shall all the trees of the forest sing for joy before the Lord; for He is coming, for He is coming to judge the earth. He will judge the world with righteousness, and the peoples with His truth" (Psalm 96:10-13). Lord, You are King! Lord, You are my King! And though I will be judged with all the living and the dead, let me be judged faithful, found trusting in the sacrifice of Your blood alone. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I thank all of you who were praying for me to make it through my fast from Ash Wednesday to March 20th. Our sacrifices of obedience are nothing compared to the Lord's sacrifice of love for us. I pray this day is a glorious day in your lives -- it will be for me! Thank you for joining me in the journey. God bless you! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com