Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ancient Words 5-15-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let Your light shine upon me, let Your words wash over me, let Your Spirit fill me. ... "The unfolding of Your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple" (Psalm 119:130). As best as I can and all by Your grace, I come to You now to simply seek Your face. Unfold Your words of life and truth to me -- little by little, layer by layer, as I can receive them and understand them and live them. Let Your written Word become Your living Word. Let Your ancient Words become Your present Word to my heart and soul throughout the moments of my day. Awhile back, someone sent me a note questioning my sanity for submitting my life to the ancient words of an ancient book. But it's more than a book and more than words to me. They are Your words, spoken and written through those You have chosen to reveal Your heart to me and all who will hear. Something really is imparted from Your heart to mine when I open my heart to Yours through these ancient, but ever-present and ever-true, words of life and light. "You have been born anew, not of perishable but of imperishable seed, through the living and enduring word of God" (1 Peter 1:23). May Your words live on and endure forever in me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! -- This Friday Night -- on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 Come to The Mountain! on Monday Nights for our ministry's weekly prayer for the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room at First Southern National Bank on Harrodsburg Rd. in Lexington. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 http://www.messiah-ministries.org/ Daily Archives: http://www.morningbymorning.injesus.com/