Monday, May 07, 2007

The Hearts of the Children 5-7-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I quiet my soul and center my thoughts on You alone. In the silence of surrender, I listen and linger now for the leading of Your Spirit. ... "Lo, I will send you the prophet Elijah before the great and terrible day of the Lord comes. He will turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the hearts of children to their parents, so that I will not come and strike the land with a curse" (Malachi 4:5-6). The day of the Lord to come will be a terrible day for those who have not turned their hearts to You and a great day for those who have. Even now You have sent Your Spirit upon Your prophets to prepare Your people -- listening for Your voice and proclaiming Your Word, that our hearts may turn to You. "See, I am sending My messenger to prepare the way before Me, and the Lord whom you seek will suddenly come to His temple" (v. 3:1). You reminded me of these words last night at our revival as the young people declared Your Word so powerfully and passionately through drama and worship. We stretched out our hands and our hearts to pray over them, and then they stretched out their hands and hearts to pray over us. Holy Spirit, set the hearts of our children ablaze with a passion for Jesus and then let us be drawn near to the fire burning in them until we are all consumed in the glory of Your manifest presence. As we do, You will come suddenly into Your temple of our hearts. "Our God is a consuming fire" (Hebrews 12:29). Father, thank You for the gift and witness of our sons and daughters who are passionate in their pursuit for Your presence. We have much to learn as You pour out the Spirit of Elijah upon them to prepare the way of the Lord in our hearts. "Truly, I tell you, unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever becomes humble like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 18:3-4). Help me humble myself in Your sight with child-like faith and unrestrained passion. Draw me deeply into Your kingdom and let Your kingdom come deeply into me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please cover us in prayer as I preach messages of spiritual renewal and revival in the Ashland, Kentucky area this week (Sunday through Wednesday) at Advance Memorial United Methodist Church in Flatwoods. Many have foreseen mighty moves of God coming out of eastern Kentucky and I am excited to be a part of preparing the way of the Lord through preaching and prayer. Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 Come to The Mountain! on Monday Nights for our ministry's weekly prayer for the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room at First Southern National Bank on Harrodsburg Rd. in Lexington. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com