Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Spiritual Mind-Set 5-8-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I bring to You the offering of my first thoughts of my first moments this new day. ... "For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit" (Romans 8:5). You created me as a spiritual being, living in human flesh. Like the generations before me, You scooped up the dust of the earth from my mother and father to form my body in Your hands; then You breathed into existence my human spirit with destiny and purpose and identity; and I became a living soul (Genesis 2:7). But though my feet are planted on this earth, my heart is in heaven and the focus of my priorities is to be on heavenly things -- not ignoring the earthly things You have entrusted to my stewardship and care, but giving them their proper priority. In a world where the earthly realm easily seems more real than the spiritual realm to the very degree that I walk by sight and not by faith, I have to consciously and deliberately choose to set my mind on the things of the Spirit. "So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on the earth, for you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God" (Colossians 3:1-3). Some say we shouldn't be so heavenly minded that we are no earthly good. Though it sounds clever and funny, but it's just not true. Your Word says just the opposite. And when I set my mind on the things of the Spirit, the things are above, You begin to open the eyes of my heart to the spiritual realm, so that I "may know what is the hope to which (You) have called (me)" (Ephesians 1:17-19). Then, as the song says, the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of Your glory and grace. With my mind set on You and the things of Your Spirit, then You can lead the thoughts of my mind to change the things of earth around me as You kingdom comes and Your will is done in me and on earth as it is in heaven. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 Come to The Mountain! on Monday Nights for our ministry's weekly prayer for the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room at First Southern National Bank on Harrodsburg Rd. in Lexington. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com