Sunday, June 10, 2007

Of Noble Birth 6-10-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Open my heart to hear what You would speak to me today. ... "Consider your own call, brothers and sisters: not many of you were wise by human standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, things that are not, to reduce to nothing the things that are, so that no one might boast in the presence of God. He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption, in order that, as it is written, 'Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord' " (1 Corinthians 1:26-31). Forty-six years ago today, I was born in a small town on the dusty plains of west Texas. Born to two teenagers, who had not even finished high school yet, I suppose by human standards, it was not a noble birth. Yet, I don't judge my birth or the birth of anyone by human standards. We are each created by Your hands and created for Your purpose. "For it was You who formed my inward parts; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139:13-14). Though my earthly mother and father made their choices that led to my conception, You alone had the power to choose whether life would be created in that moment or not. So You chose with deliberate intention and creative design to gather in Your hands the dust of the earth from my mother and father, and to breath into existence my human spirit. By Your breath of life, I became a living soul. Though You knew all the challenges and obstacles to be faced and overcome in the journey before me to be conformed to the image of Christ in the crucible of a broken, fallen world, You said, "Let there be life." I was conceived in humility, but destined for nobility. "But to all who received Him, who believed in His name, He gave power to become children of God, who were born, not of blood or of the will of the flesh or of the will of man, but of God" (John 1:12-13). "When we cry, 'Abba! Father!' it is that that very Spirit bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ -- if, in fact, we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him" (Romans 8:15-17). Through the new birth of the Spirit of Christ living in me, I am a child of God; I am a son of the King; I am of noble birth. And by Your grace, I will live my life to fulfill my noble destiny. "In Christ we have also obtained an inheritance, having been destined according to the promise of Him who accomplishes all things according to His counsel and will, so that we, who are the first to set our hope on Christ, might live for the praise of His glory" (Ephesians 1:11-12). It seems I hear You say, "My son, you are of noble birth -- not the nobility of human blood, but the nobility of the blood of My Son. Hold your head high, for I am your glory and the lifter of Your head. You are an heir of God and a joint heir with Christ. You will spend all eternity growing in your understanding of all that means. Choose to believe and live your life as if it were true -- for it is." Yes, Lord. I thank Your for the gift of Your words of truth and life this day and every day. "You, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the One who lifts my head" (Psalm 3:3). Thank You for creating me and calling me, for being patient to conform me into the image of Your Son. By Your grace and in Your power, I choose to live my life for the praise of Your glory. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com