Friday, June 08, 2007

Speaking in the Power of the Spirit 6-8-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I choose to begin my day with You, as You set the foundation for the unfolding of my day. ... "While Peter was still speaking, the Holy Spirit fell upon all who heard the word" (Acts 10:44). After You baptized Peter in Your Holy Spirit, he was never the same. You forgave his sins, healed him from his brokenness, and freed him from his bondage. Then You filled him with Your Spirit and entrusted him with Your word. And he knew "God shows no impartiality" (v. 10:34). What You did for him, You will do for each of us. What You did in Peter's day, You will do in our day. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8). Lord, You did in Peter all that was necessary to give him unflinching faith in You, speaking the words You gave him with power and authority. By the inspiration of Your Holy Spirit, he taught the generations to follow to minister to others with both deep humility and profound faith: "Whoever speaks must do so as one speaking the very words of God; whoever serves must do so with the strength God supplies, so that God may be glorified in all things through Jesus Christ" (1 Peter 4:11). As You did in Peter, do also in me. Give me courage to embrace the process of conviction and repentance, brokenness and healing, humility and faith. Crucify my flesh and purify my soul. Infuse my human spirit with Your Holy Spirit. Cause my heart to be more like Your heart, my thoughts more like Your thoughts, my words to be more like Your words, my actions to be more like Your actions. Convict me when they are not; lead me to repentance; and restore me to the path to pursue holiness of heart and life (Hebrews 12:14). Though I have so far to go, I ask You to take me there -- all by Your grace, all in Your power, in Your perfect timing, in Your perfect way. I want to see the day, when I speak Your word in Your way, that Your Holy Spirit falls upon all who hear it, and their lives are changed forever -- just like mine. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com