Saturday, July 28, 2007

"Apple of My Eye" 7-28-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Before I make any choices today, either in surrender to You or sin against You, I dedicate and consecrate my mind, my will, and my emotions to You alone. ... "Truly, one who touches you, touches the apple of My eye" (Zechariah 2:8). These words have been on my heart for two days now: "Pray for the apple of My eye." Yes, Lord. Of Jerusalem, You declare in Your Word, "I will be a wall of fire all around it, says the Lord, and I will be the glory within it" (v. 2:5). I join my prayers with the hearts of the people You are moving with passion to pray for the peace and security of all the people affected by the land and the promises of the children of Abraham. Look upon Jerusalem with fire in Your eyes and the sword of Your Word in Your hand. Be a wall of fire, cleansing within and consuming without. You are "a consuming fire" (Hebrews 12:29). And You burn with a passion for Your people and burn with wrath against the spiritual enemies of her soul bent on her destruction and Your shame. But in the end -- in Your timing and Your way, having fulfilled Your purposes -- it is Your glory that will remain and Your "holy city, the new Jerusalem" that will shine, as Your enemies and hers are consumed forever in fire (Revelation 21:1-8). "Sing and rejoice, O daughter Zion! For lo, I will come and dwell in your midst, says the Lord. Many nations shall join themselves to the Lord on that day, and shall be My people; and I will dwell in your midst" (Zechariah 2:10-11). The circumstances and sins throughout all the generations of all the people with desire and passion for this land complicate matters beyond human reasoning and human resolution. We hardly know how to pray. But "the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words. And God, who searches the heart, knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God" (Romans 8:26-27). So in obedience to Your call, I seek to sense the leading of Your Spirit to pray with passion for the protection of the people who are the apple of Your eye. And I pray for the people of the many nations who shall be Your people, joining themselves to You on that day -- even in the days of consuming fire -- as You come and dwell in the midst of our hearts, now and forever. In Jesus' name, I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Mountain! on Monday Nights for our ministry's weekly prayer for the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room at First Southern National Bank on Harrodsburg Rd. in Lexington. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com