Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Clash of Swords 7-11-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. In the communion of prayer, let the fire of Your Spirit consume my soul until we are one. "Anyone united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17). ... "When an attendant of the man of God rose early in the morning and went out, an army with horses and chariots was all around the city. His servant said, 'Alas, master! What shall we do?' He replied, 'Do not be afraid, for there are more with us than there are with them.' Then Elisha prayed: 'O Lord, please open his eyes that he may see.' So the Lord opened the eyes of the servant, and he saw; the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha" (2 Kings 6:15-17). This morning I'm looking across the lake to the beautiful Smoking Mountains of North Carolina. But the despite the beauty I see with my natural eyes and the quiet sounds of the morning I hear with my natural ears, I hear the clash of swords in the heavenly realm. Ironically, in the peaceful beauty of this paradise, You've called me to train warriors for battle, to train and equip them to wield "the weapons of our warfare" (2 Corinthians 10:4). And I thank You for the angelic hosts, who are as warriors in "chariots of fire" who join me in the battle every day, as I turn my face and my heart to You in prayer (Daniel 10:10-21). "Are not all angels spirits in the divine service, sent to serve for the sake of those who inherit salvation?" (Hebrews 1:14). "Bless the Lord, O you His angels, you mighty ones who do His bidding, obedient to His spoken word" (Psalm 103:20). So I thank You for Your warring angels; and above all, I thank You for the victory of the cross now enforced in our lives through the power of the blood of Jesus. The clash of swords is sound of victory in the heavens. "Blessed be the Lord, my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; my Rock and my Fortress, my Stronghold and my Deliverer, my Shield in whom I take refuge who subdues the peoples under me" (Psalm 143:1-2). "For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He adorns the humble with victory. Let the faithful exult in glory; let them sing for joy on their couches. Let the high praises of God be in their throats and two-edged swords in their hands ... this is glory for all His faithful ones. Praise the Lord!" (Psalm 149:4-9). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I would appreciate your prayer for me and the ministers from the southeastern region of the U.S. coming to this Methodist ministers' conference at Lake Junaluska, NC. I'm really excited and honored to have this opportunity to teach on Wednesday and Thursday, but no doubt there will be spiritual battles as I prepare and teach on this important but controversial topic: "Spiritual Warfare -- The Battle Disciples Can't Ignore; Fighting the Good Fight of the Faith" www.sejumc.org/MinistersConference2007.pdf To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com