Tuesday, July 03, 2007

"Come Walk with Me, My Friend" 7-3-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I'm honored to be Your disciple and humbled to be Your friend. ... "No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are My friends if you do what I command you. I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from My Father" (John 15:13-15). Lord, help me do what You command me. Help me know what You are doing and hear what You are saying, my Master -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. By Your love, I am Your son. By Your grace, I am Your friend. By the sacrifice of Your blood, You laid down Your life for me, proving forever I am loved as Your son and embraced as Your friend. "So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God -- all because of what our Lord Jesus Christ has done for us in making us friends of God" (Romans 5:11, NLT). It seems I hear Your Spirit singing in my spirit: Would you come walk with Me, My friend? Would you believe how much I love you? Would you know that I'm with you? I'll never leave you nor forsake you. So don't worry about things That would bow your heart down. Give them all to Me, As You come and walk with Me. Yes, Lord, I will walk with You. I will choose to believe it's true. I give my life into Your hands, As I come and walk with You. Thank You -- my Lord, my God, and my Friend. If Your desire for such intimacy with us where not written so clearly in Your Word, we wouldn't dare believe it's true. But it is in Your Word and it is true. So I will not deny You or the relationship of friendship and love You want with me and all of Your children. Yes, Lord. By Your grace, I will come and walk with You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I have made more progress on my book on healing prayer ministry this week and would appreciate your prayers. I am trying to write out the principles of God's transforming power I've been learning and experiencing in ministry to share with others in this way. To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com