Friday, July 06, 2007

The Father's Blessing 7-6-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Good morning, Heavenly Father. Good morning, Holy Spirit. Lord God, I worship and welcome You in every dimension of Your Being into every dimension of my being. … "As soon as Isaac had finished blessing Jacob, when Jacob had scarcely gone out from the presence of his father Isaac, his brother Esau came in from his hunting. He also prepared savory food, and brought it to his father. And he said to his father, 'Let my father sit up and eat of his son's game, so that you may bless me' " (Genesis 27:30-31). Esau longed for his father's blessing, and so did Jacob. You have created us to need and desire our Father's blessing. And You have chosen our earthly fathers and mothers to be a primary means of releasing Your blessing to us. To bless us is to speak Your life and encouragement into us, to call forth from us our God-given identity and destiny -- redeemed in Christ, and awakened by the Holy Spirit. Blessing is one of Your ways of answering the yearning questions of our soul -- "Who am I?", "Why was I created?", "Why am I here?" You desire that we seek the answers to these questions from You, and in Your sovereignty You have chosen to answer these questions in a significant way through our earthly fathers and mothers, who are to seek and model Your Father heart to us. But Esau's blessing was stolen away. And, so often, so is ours. None of us are perfect; all fall short of Your glory and Your will for our lives. And so have our earthly fathers and mothers, as well as the other father and mother figures of authority in our lives who You have desired to impart Your blessings. We thank You for those who have and for the measure they have. And we must choose to forgive those who have not and for the measure they have not. We ask You, Father God, to impart to us all the blessings You have desired, but have been stolen away. By Your Word and Your Spirit, speak into our spirits Your words of our identity and destiny in You. We are sons and daughters of God, created to live in the blessings of God (Romans 8:14-17). I'll be traveling to Nashville, Tennessee today for a national gathering of worship, fasting, and prayer known as "The Call" to take place in Titan Stadium tomorrow on 07-07-07. Many passionate young people of the faith will be coming to seek Your face, ready to welcome an awakening of their calling and identity and destiny. I'll be joining a team of spiritual fathers and mothers in the faith who will be praying a Father's Blessing for those who seek it and for those who need it because they've never received it in the fullness of the measure You have desired through their earthly fathers and mothers. As I prepare in prayer, I thank You for the measure of blessing I have received from You and from You through my earthly father and mother and spiritual parents in my life. I pray You would give me Your Father heart of God, and use my words and my hands to release a double portion and more of the Father's Blessing to all You bring to me in ministry tomorrow and throughout my life of ministry to You. We all need the Father's blessing. Give us the wisdom and humility to realize it and receive it by faith, and then to pass it on in double measure and more to the next generation. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com