Monday, July 09, 2007

"I Die Everyday" 7-9-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. In these moments, by Your grace, help me seek nothing but Your face, hear nothing but Your voice, and do nothing but Your will. ... "Very truly I tell you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains just a single grain; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. Those who love their life lose it, and those who hate their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves Me must follow Me, and where I am, there My servant will be also. Whoever serves Me, the Father will honor" (John 12:24-26). By Your grace, I choose to surrender my life to You, to die to my self. Help me continually crucify the desire to promote my self, to make it easy for my self, to focus on my self. Help me die to self so I can truly live in You. You don't desire my physical death -- You came to bring life and not death (John 10:10). But You do desire the death of my flesh -- the part of my soul not yet fully surrendered to You. Expose that part -- the part that is still full of the pride of life, full of the pride of self glory, self gratification, self centeredness -- and kill that part. When that part dies, like a grain of wheat that falls into the earth and dies, then my life will bear much fruit. It's not about what I do; it's all about who I am becoming. As Paul said, "I die every day" (1 Corinthians 15:31). And this is my desire, to become like You, because You have put that desire in my soul. As I become more like You, because Your Spirit is making me more like You, I will truly be following You, serving You, and honoring You. And as Your Word says, My Father will honor me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com