Thursday, July 26, 2007

"One Spirit with Him" 7-26-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Good morning, Heavenly Father. Good morning, Holy Spirit. Three Persons of the One, True, and Holy God -- You are All in One, and You are my All in All. I worship You and welcome You into every area of my life this day and every day. ... "The Father and I are One.... I am God's Son.... The Father is in Me and I am in the Father" (John 10:30-38). My Father, my Friend, my Savior and Lord, I want to see what You are doing and hear what You are saying. I want to obey what You are commanding and go where You are leading. I want my will to be conformed to Your will and my ways to be conformed to Your ways. I want to be more like You each day, as You increase and I decrease. As I behold You and worship You, having no gods before You, I am being changed by You, "being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another; for this comes from the Lord, the Spirit" (2 Corinthians 3:18). Come, Holy Spirit. Make me more like Jesus, Who is One with the Father and One with You. Continue to purge my heart and purify my soul of all that does not yet bear the image of Christ -- and I confess there is much. But I also confess that by the grace of God, I am on the journey. "I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the sharing of His sufferings by becoming like Him in His death, if somehow I may attain the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already attained this or have already reached the goal; but I press on to make it my own, because Christ has made me His own" (Philippians 3:10-12). I can't do it -- and, in fact, it would be sin to even try it -- apart from You and the power of Your Spirit working in me to make me more like You. But I am not apart from You. The Father and the Son have come to make their home in me by their Holy Spirit now living in me, now teaching me, now transforming me from glory to glory, morning by morning and day by day (John 14:23-26). This is the Peace and Power of God You leave with me and Who lives within me (v. 14:27). This is "the Spirit of Christ" living in me (Romans 8:9). This is "Christ in (me), the hope of glory" -- the glory of every Person of Your Presence -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- living in me and living through me for the glory of Your name (Colossians 1:27). By the astounding mystery of faith and miracle of Your grace, I am united with You; and "anyone united with the Lord becomes one spirit with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17). This is Your Word. Help me understand it, yield to it, embrace it, and live my life believing it is true -- because it is. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com