Thursday, July 12, 2007

Patience in the Process 7-12-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. By Your Spirit, out of my heart will flow rivers of living waters today as Your Word has promised (John 7:38). But first I need to come and sit with You awhile beside Your still waters of this beautiful lake in the midst of Your beautiful creation. Here in these first moments of the morning, You restore my soul and order my steps for the day. ... "An estate quickly acquired in the beginning will not be blessed in the end" (Proverbs 20:21). Someone has said you should begin with the end in mind. I begin this day with You in mind because in the end I want to be like You. That's the purpose of every moment of every day through the celebrations and sorrows, temptations and triumphs, challenges and changes of life -- to be conformed to the image of Christ (Romans 8:29). But this work of transformation is not an instantaneous miracle of a moment quickly acquired. It's the journey of a lifetime, choosing to walk in the paths of Your righteousness by choosing to walk with the Righteous One. When I stumble, You pick me up; when I'm weary, You carry me; when I get lost, You come and find me. But You are the God who sees the end from the beginning. All time and space are present in Your hands. You see who I will become because You see who I am. I am a child of God, growing up into maturity -- "to the measure of the full stature of Christ" (Ephesians 4:13). Thank You for being patient with me in the journey. Help me to be more patient with myself and even more patient with You. But help me keep persisting and persevering in the journey of this lifetime. In the end, I will be blessed when I see You fully as You are "face to face" and thank You for the journey of making me more like You each day (1 Corinthians 13:12). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you so much for your prayers for my teaching ministry with the Methodist ministers from all over the southeast region here at Lake Junaluska, North Carolina. My teaching workshops are filled and they are taking almost all my resources because the Lord is releasing such a hunger for depth in understanding the nature of the spiritual battles within and without. If you would be interested to study or teach out of my outline, I'm attaching it. God bless you and your ministry as you fight the good fight of the faith. To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com