Friday, July 13, 2007

"Upon All Flesh" 7-13-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let Your Word fill my soul. ... You are the Word who fills my soul with Your presence and Your power by Your Spirit. ... "The Lord said to Moses, 'Is the Lord's power limited? Now you shall see whether My word will come true for you or not.' So Moses went out and told the people the words of the Lord; and he gathered seventy elders of the people, and placed them all around the tent. Then the Lord came down in the cloud and spoke to him, and took some of the Spirit that was on him, and put it on the seventy elders; and when the Spirit rested on them, they prophesied. But they did not do so again" (Numbers 11:24-25). The days of Moses in the wilderness foreshadowed Your days on the earth. You came down by the cloud of Your Spirit, conceived in the womb of Mary as Son of God and Son of Man. You began to speak the words of God because You are the Word of God. You gathered to Yourself those who would receive the same Spirit You had. You "gave them power and authority" to hear and obey Your words (Luke 9:1). But Your will was not only for them, but for all who would come and receive, then go and obey. So You gathered "seventy others" and gave them the same power and authority to go and obey in the power of Your same Spirit. Now in these days, You have poured out, and You are pouring out, Your Spirit "upon all flesh" -- not just the one, no just the few -- but upon all the flesh of Your body, the body of Christ in the earth (Acts 2:17). In the power and authority of that same Spirit that raised You from the dead, we will hear and obey Your words, as Your Word and Your Spirit live in each of us. By the Spirit of Christ living in us, You have answered the desire of Moses' heart, "Would that all the Lord's people were prophets, and that the Lord would put His Spirit on them!" (Numbers 11:29). We are all to seek Your face, all to listen for Your voice, all to obey Your words. We are to speak what You give us to speak and do what You give us to do. We are to live our lives in constant communion with You -- not one or a few, but all of us You are calling by name and filling with Your Spirit. We are the flesh of Your body on earth (1 Corinthians 12:12). Lord, as I position myself to listen for the leading of Your Spirit, what are You speaking to me today? It seems I hear You say: "Steady your heart in the security of My love. Be ready to move, available to Me, as an instrument in My hand. My hope is within you; My courage is within you. Many will need to see My hope and My courage in the steady, secure hearts of My people." Yes, Lord. I choose by grace to be ready and available to You. Keep giving me hope and courage in the steady security of Your love. Let it be obvious to me and obvious to others. In Your power and by Your Spirit, let me be one of Your beacons of light in the darkness to come and one of Your rocks of refuge in troubled seas because my eyes and my heart are fixed on You. Prepare me now so that I will be ready then. Teach me how to hear, how to speak, how to trust, and how to obey. Teach me to be steady and secure in You alone. Teach us all who are the flesh of Your body, upon whom You are pouring out the presence and the power of Your Spirit in these days. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I spent the night with some dear friends with Healing House Ministries at their home near the base here in the mountains of North Carolina -- www.healinghouse.org It seems there is such peace in this place and an open heaven here to hear so clearly the Lord's voice. I pray He would open the heavens above your homes and your hearts as You listen for the leading of His voice. God bless you!