Monday, August 06, 2007

Always Watching, Always with Me 8-6-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead me beside Your still waters. Restore my soul, and help to know You are my Good Shepherd, always watching and always with me. ... "The Lord looks down from heaven; He sees all humankind. From where He sits enthroned He watches all the inhabitants of the earth -- He who fashions the hearts of them all, and observes all their deeds" (Psalm 33:13-15). You are the all-seeing God. To You all hearts are known, all deeds exposed, all desires and motives revealed. You see the end from the beginning, the inside from the outside, and everything in between. But Your "all-seeing Eye" is not on the top of a pyramid or any other man-made structure -- contrary to the ancient occultic symbol found on dollar bills and in lodge halls of secret societies. You see from heaven's throne and everywhere the God of heaven touches. You see all, because You created all, and You are in all. "There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to the one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, Who is above all and through all and in all" (Ephesians 4:4-6). Knowing that You are always watching, does it bring me peace or fear? I suppose the truth is, it brings both. Part of knowing the fear of the Lord is knowing that You are always with me, in the secret or in the open, in the silent thoughts within my head and in the public actions of my hands. You see it all. I'm not fooling You for a moment. But at the same time, part of knowing the peace of the Lord is knowing You never leave me and never forsake me. You fight for me in ways I can't fully see and love me in ways I can't fully know. So both the fear and the peace come with knowing You're always watching and always with me. "Truly the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His steadfast love" (Psalm 33:18). Thank You for Your watchful eye and Your loving heart. "Let Your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in You" (v. 33:22). You watch from where You sit enthroned (v. 33:14). Be enthroned in my heart from where You are always watching and always with me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I would appreciate your prayers as I prepare messages for my ministry trip at the end of August to Estonia (one of the three Baltic Republics northwest of Russia, who declared their independence from the former Soviet Union). By God's grace, I will be the keynote speaker, preaching and teaching messages on prayer and spiritual transformation at the ministers' conference for all the Methodist ministers' in the country. Thank You for you partnership with us in ministry at home and to the nations. Your prayers, support, and encouragement make this kind of ministry possible for us. God bless you! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com