Saturday, August 04, 2007

Honored by God 8-5-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I rest in You. Form Your thoughts and desires in me. ... "What are human beings that You are mindful of them, mortals that You care for them? Yet You have made them a little lower than God, and crowned them with glory and honor" (Psalm 8:4-5). Your love for us is astounding. Your perception of our value and significance is unbelievable. Yet, You want us to believe it, to know how You see us, how You have created us, how You have crowned us and honored us. If we could only see ourselves as You see us and see one another as You see them, our insecurities and jealousies, resentments and hatred would vanish in a moment. What if it really were as simple as loving You, loving each other as we love ourselves? That is what You said (Matthew 22:36-40). What if You really meant it and we really believed it? What if we really could be forgiven of every sin and restored in every relationship -- with You, with one another, within ourselves (1 John 1:9)? Through the calling and cleansing of Christ, we are "reconciled to God" and we have "become the righteousness of God" (2 Corinthians 5:18-21). It all begins and ends with seeing You as You are and seeing ourselves and one another as You created us to be, with the value and significance You created us to have. Help me believe it, receive it, and live it. I honor You, my Lord and my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Help me honor others today as You honor them, love them as You love them, and do the same with myself. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 http://www.messiah-ministries.org/ Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com