Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Abide in the Vine 10-30-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the Vine; I am a branch. Let the life of Your Spirit flow through me and bear fruit for my Father this day. ... "Abide in Me as I abide in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in Me" (John 15:4). Lord, what is it to abide in You as a branch abides in the vine? It seems I hear You say, "Draw your life from Me. As You open your human spirit to My Holy Spirit, My Life becomes your life. Then through You, I bear much fruit." Yes, Lord. I open my spirit to Yours. I draw on Your Life to flow through my life. I don't turn to the fruit, I turn to You. And as I turn to You, the fruit of the Vine will come -- all in its proper season, according to Your will, Your time, and Your way. As I turn to You and open the veins of my branch to the flow of Your Vine, I am one with Your Vine, abiding in You as You abide in me. And I find that You have always been turned and open to me, ready to flow in me and through me as much as I am willing to allow. "Turn again, O God of hosts; look down from heaven and see; have regard for this vine, the stock that Your right hand planted .... Then we will never turn back from You; give us Life, and we will call on Your name" (Psalm 80:14-18). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God " 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com