Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Eternal Memories 10-2-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Unchanging One, I find my peace in the steadfastness of Your security and love. ... "Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures for eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For it is on Him that God the Father has set His seal" (John 6:27). In a few moments, I'll be leaving Nanny's little apartment for the last time. It's been both hard and good to sleep here among her things. But all these things will either be sold off or given way. A few will be passed down. Sooner or later, they will all perish. The sum of her life is not the things she left behind, but the lives she touched and the memories she made for us. Relationships are what matter most -- our relationships with one another, and most of all, our relationship with You. These are the things that are eternal. I just put my favorite little coffee in my bag to take home -- not because it has any value to anybody but me, but because of all the memories if carries. It was filled with about three-fourths milk and a little bit of coffee when I was a little boy their kitchen table at the farm. I wanted to be a big boy and drink coffee like the grown ups and listen to all the stories and soak in all the love of my grandparents. Those things are eternal and will not pass away. Those are the things I just put in my bag and will carry away in my heart. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God " 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.