Friday, October 26, 2007

No Other God 10-26-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and seek out Your face. ... "There is no other god besides Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is no one besides Me. Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, there is no other. By Myself I have sworn, from my mouth has gone forth in righteousness a word that shall not return: 'To Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear' " (Isaiah 45:21-23). Remove from me all things I'm tempted to turn to besides You for peace or protection or provision or pleasure or power. There is no god but You. You are the Source of all I need and desire. Everything else is an idol that only leads me astray and out of Your way (v. 20). All that I receive that I really need is from You alone, no matter the means You choose to use to release it to me. So I turn to You. I bow my knees and confess with my mouth that You alone are Lord; You alone are my Lord, God, and Savior (Philippians 2:9-11). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I'll be leading a men's retreat this weekend at Camp Loucon in western Kentucky then preaching at two churches in Madisonville on Sunday. Please keep us in your prayer to experience God and have some fun together. I'm thrilled to have just been invited by Aldersgate Renewal Ministries to be the Pre-Conference Keynote Speaker at their National Conference on the Holy Spirit next summer! The conference theme will be "Going Deeper -- Re-dig the Ancient Wells" in Columbus, Ohio July 2-6, 2008. Please get registered, come join us, and spread the word! http://www.aldersgaterenewal.org To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com