Thursday, October 04, 2007

Spend Some Time 10-4-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I've come to spend some time alone with You. ... "Seven times a day I praise You for Your righteous ordinances" (Psalm 119:164). I've been away from home for awhile, so yesterday I stayed home to spend some time with my family. Elijah wanted to go for a long walk before he went to school and another one when he got home. He calls them "adventures," whether we're walking in the woods or just down the sidewalk. Last night as he got ready for bed, he looked up and said, "I like spending time with you, Dad." It made me wish I could stay home every day. Amazingly, You like spending time with me too. You never leave me and never forsake me (Hebrews 13:5). You are with me "always" (Matthew 28:20). But it's when I consciously, intentionally turn my thoughts and open my heart to You that I seem to experience the nearness of Your presence. David set apart seven times every day to seek Your face and listen for Your voice, to deliberately praise You for Your goodness and guidance in his life. Even though he blessed You "at all times" and Your praises were "continually in (his) mouth," he also set aside times throughout his day to come away with You alone. It brings You joy when we deliberately choose to spend some time with You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God " 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com