Wednesday, November 07, 2007

"Be Perfect" 11-7-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. My hope is built on nothing less. ... "Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.... Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect" (Matthew 5:19-48). Your standard is high and Your command is clear -- "Be perfect." These are "red letter words." And they remind me each day how desperately dependent I am upon Your grace. Apart from You, I can do nothing (John 15:5). Apart from You, even my best efforts and most righteous acts are as filthy rags (Isaiah 65:6). But by Your grace -- and only by Your grace -- I am not apart from You. By the mystery of grace, through repentance and faith, I have clean hands and a pure heart. Incomprehensibly, in You, I have "become the righteousness of God" (2 Corinthians 5:21). You are perfect; and You fulfill all the commandments, all the law of the righteousness of God, and teach all who follow You to do the same (Matthew 5:17). And as I give my life completely to You, You somehow fulfill Your life and Your law completely in me, so that I am perfect, as my heavenly Father is perfect. Though I could never come close to Your kingdom apart You, "I can do all things (even fulfill Your command to "be perfect") through Him who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13). Now that's amazing grace. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.orgOrder our Ministry Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com