Thursday, November 08, 2007

Patience with Prophecies 11-8-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Before I speak a word, I speak out Your name. Before I think of anything else, I think of You. I offer to You the sacrifice of the first moments of my morning. ... "I am giving you these instructions, Timothy, my child, in accordance with the prophecies made earlier about you, so that by following them you might fight the good fight, having faith and a good conscience" (1 Timothy 1:18-19). Thank You for the prophecies of encouragement and comfort, correction and edification, You speak from Your Spirit to mine through those who were willing to hear and speak as You lead (1 Corinthians 14:3). Thank You for the measure that have come to pass and the measure that will come to pass in Your timing, in Your way, and for Your glory. Give me discernment to test and weigh what is from You, taking the meat and leaving the bone (v. 29). But don’t let me lose hope in Your words just because I have not yet seen them fulfilled. Like a seed that's sown, there is a season where the seed is growing unseen, then the season of breaking through the soil, then the season of tender shoots and stretching stalks, until the season of maturity and harvest (Mark 4:26-29). Give me patience through the seasons as You watch over Your word, faithful to perform it all in the seasons You have set (Jeremiah 1:12). So by Your grace, I press on to "realize the full assurance of hope to the very end" so that I "through faith and patience inherit the promises" of the prophesies You have spoken to me and all of Your people in these exciting days to come (Hebrews 6:11-12). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.orgOrder our Ministry Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com