Saturday, November 24, 2007

Real Relationship 11-24-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lordship is relational. To yield to Your Lordship is to trustingly yield and willingly submit to Your authority in my life. So by Your grace and in response to Your love, I do. ... "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of My Father in heaven" (Matthew 7:21). I don't want to just know Your title, I want to know Your name. I don’t want to just know about You, I want to know You. There will be many on the last day who will know Your title, who may know Your name, who may have even have done many supernatural things in the power of Your name, but their true hearts will be exposed and their true relationship with You will be revealed (v. 22). But as You gather into Your arms forever all who have willing embraced Your unfailing grace and Your steadfast love, Your heart will break for those You will have to turn away, because they have turned away from You. They will hear the most horrible words ever to be spoken -- "I never knew you, depart from Me" (v. 23). Lord Jesus, open every eye to see You as You are and to see ourselves as we are. Humble our pride to bow to Your authority. Intensify the famine of our souls to hunger and thirst for relationship with You. You are "not wanting any to perish, but all to come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9). But the choice is ours -- to respond to Your grace in humility and faith or reject it, to know You personally or to just know about You factually, to live life every day with You living through me or to just do things for You out of some sense of duty or fear of punishment in shallowness and hypocrisy. I want the real thing -- a real relationship with You -- so that I can spend eternity with You. And eternity includes right now. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe/unsubscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.orgOrder our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com Check out AOL Money & Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.