Friday, November 16, 2007

Stretch Out 11-16-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Increase, as I decrease -- decrease in the prominence of my thoughts and my desires over Yours'. In the silence of surrender, I watch and wait for You and Your leading in these first moments of the morning with You. ... "I stretch out my hands to You; my soul thirst for You like a parched land" (Psalm 143:6). A runner stretches before a race. And You call me to "run with perseverance the race that is set before (me), looking to Jesus" (Hebrews 12:1-2). So every morning in prayer, centering my thoughts and my day on You alone, I stretch out my hands and my heart -- looking to You, thirsting for You, embracing You, and welcoming You into the moments of my day. And as I breathe in the breath of Your Spirit, You stretch out my soul and fill up my spirit, ready to go at the start of another day. "I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:14). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays If you can, Come to The Fountain Tonight 11/16 at 7 pm. My good friend I have ministered with from India, Ghuna Kumar, who oversees 700 church plants, an orphanage, Bible College, and sends out evangelists to villages all over south India with be with us to pray for us: www.gospelfriends.in Phil Jackson will lead us in worship. Please spread the word! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.orgOrder our Ministry Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com