Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Thankful Nation 11-22-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I give You thanks with a grateful heart; I thank You, my God, for who You are. ... "Let those who observe the day, observe it in honor of the Lord. And those who eat, eat in honor of the Lord, since they give thanks to God ..." (Romans 14:6). This day my nation remembers the day early in our history when our forefathers gave You thanks for a land of freedom from an oppressive world and a blessing of abundance through a harsh winter. Thank You for the privilege of living in a land where we are free to honor and worship the God we believe to be the true Creator and Sustainer of our lives. Thank You for showing me that God is You -- in every dimension of Your Being -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. You are real; You are personal; You are loving and good; You are worthy of all honor, thanksgiving, and praise. With my nation and with those from every tongue and tribe and nation, I honor You and thank You this day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, here's a great article on the history of Thanksgiving from the Christian Law Association: www.christianlaw.org/articles/thanksgiving_origin.html Happy Thanksgiving and God bless you! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com