Saturday, December 01, 2007

Counsel and Wisdom of God 12-01-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of every thought, word, and deed today. ... "You guide me with Your counsel, and afterward You will receive me with honor. Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is nothing on earth that I desire other than You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever" (Psalm 73-24-26). When I was a lawyer, people sought my legal counsel. Now as a spiritual director, people seek my spiritual counsel. But I have no counsel to give of any value and of any wisdom but the counsel that You have given me. You are the "Wonderful Counselor" (Isaiah 9:6). You are "the Spirit of Wisdom" (v. 11:2). And I have no wisdom apart from You. Forgive me when I have thought and acted as though I did, and release Your grace to those who acted upon the words and counsel of a fool who spoke out of his own wisdom instead of Yours. Help me humble myself each day to seek Your counsel and Your wisdom, to let You form Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Then what I have to share will be "God-given wisdom" to solve the God-sized problems that only You can (Ezra 7:25). "And we speak of these things in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit" (1 Corinthians 2:13). Lord, fill me with Your Spirit of Wisdom. Guide me with Your counsel each day. I need it, I seek it, and I receive it by faith, according to Your will. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe/unsubscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com