Thursday, December 20, 2007

"Overwhelmed with Joy" 12-20-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Draw me deep into Your Presence as I focus my thoughts and open my heart to You alone in these first moments of my morning. ... "When they heard the king, (the wise men) set out; and there, ahead of them, went the star that they had seen at its rising, until it stopped over the place where the Child was. When they saw that the star had stopped, they were overwhelmed with joy" (Mathew 2:9-10). To seek You is faith; to find You is joy. These wise men followed the witness of creation and the Word of God to find the One their hearts where drawn to seek (v. 2:1-8). When they found You, they worshipped You. They opened their treasure chests to You, with giving gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh out of the joy of their hearts in finding the Messiah (v. 2:11). Lord Jesus, You are the Messiah of Israel, the Christ of all nations. You are "the Root and the Descendant of David, the Bright Morning Star" (Revelation 22:16). You are Immanuel, God with us (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23). And all who seek You with all their hearts will find You (Jeremiah 29:13). By the leading of Your grace, I have sought You and I have found You. I am overwhelmed with joy. I bow down before You, worship and adore You. I open my chest and offer You the treasure of all that I have. I give You the gifts of the gold of my heart, the incense of my prayers, and the myrrh of the surrender of my will to Yours'. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! This Friday night Dec. 21th at 7 pm for Messiah Ministries' monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship in the chapel of Centenary, 2800 Tates Creek Rd in Lexington. Come be refreshed and renewed as we drink deeply from the Living Waters. Sandra White who is powerfully gifted by the Lord in healing ministry will be leading in prayer while Brooke and Shannon Barrett lead us in worship. All are welcome! Call us for information at 859-317-1591 Subscribe/unsubscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.