Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Gifts Bestowed by God 1-22-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I bow down low as You draw me up high into the heavenly realm of Your Presence. ... "Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit that is from God, so that we may understand the gifts bestowed on us by God" (1 Corinthians 2:12). You have given gifts to Your people, for the building of Your Church and the establishing of Your Kingdom. Open my eyes to see Your gifts in me. Purify them from pride, cleanse them from any manipulation or motivation for my own purposes, sanctify them as holy unto You. Teach me what they are and how to use them. Empower me by Your Spirit to give of them in love. You said through Your Word, "Pursue love and strive for spiritual gifts" (v. 14:1). Let me not strive for the gifts without first and always pursuing love, letting love be my aim and my desire in all things. Then my gifts -- the gifts You have given me for Your purposes -- will be a means of Your grace in the lives of others. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for your prayers to get Pastor John here from the nation of Nepal for our School of Spiritual Ministry this week. They were answered and we are thrilled and honored to have this kind of opportunity to sow seeds to the nations! Please keep us in your prayers. God bless you! Subscribe/unsubscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org