Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happiness of Holiness of Heart 1-29-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be high and lifted up, exalted in my heart and throughout my day. ... "Happy is everyone who fears the Lord, who walks in His ways" (Psalm 128:1). To fear You is to walk in Your ways -- not out of religious duty, but out of trusting relationship; not out of an unholy fear of punishment and judgment, but out of a holy fear of honoring You with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength. This kind of holiness of heart brings happiness and peace in every dimension of our lives -- our work (v. 2), our families (v. 3), and our health (v. 5). In every way, "(we) shall be happy, and it shall go well with (us)" (v. 2). Lord, teach me how to fear You in this way. Teach me how to look to You and honor You, to trust You and obey You out of my respect and love for You. Teach me by Your Word and empower me by Your Spirit to live my life, moment by moment, in trusting surrender to Your unfailing love. "Let those who fear the Lord say, 'His steadfast love endures forever' " (Psalm 118:4). "And may He so strengthen your hearts in holiness that you may be blameless before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all His saints" (1 Thessalonians 3:13). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we have 2 New CD series available from my week of ministry at Christ for the Nations in Dallas, Texas ( www.cfni.org ) : 1) Spiritual Warfare -- Fighting the Good Fight of Faith (4 cd's) ; and 2) The Father's Blessing Through Our Brokenness (1 cd) These are not yet on our web site, so please contact us at MessaiahMin@aol.com to order them for personal or group studies. Though we need time to edit and process the video, please let us know if you'd like to be on the list for the dvd's from our School of Spiritual Ministry one week intensive course I taught in Lexington last week. Subscribe/unsubscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org