Friday, January 04, 2008

Kingdom Mindset 1-4-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I entrust and submit my mind and my heart to You today. Make my thoughts and my desires more like Yours each day. ... "But strive first for the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" (Matthew 6:33). Dutch Sheets came off his sabbatical to speak to us at Chuck Pierce's "Start the Year Off Right" conference in Texas. Last night he spoke of how You are radically shifting his mindset to be a kingdom-minded leader. We need to seek first the King and focus on the kingdom -- the "King's domain" -- rather than seeking first our own local church or ministry. He said You are not pleased when our own local church or ministry is doing well but the one down the street is not. You established Your church in the context of Your kingdom, which is Your rule and reign on the earth through Your people (v. 16:18-19). That must be a much broader primary perspective than the largely isolated, primarily local church mindset that makes us inward rather than outward focused. These are "keys of the kingdom of heaven" (v. 19). Lord, give me Your mindset. Give me "the mind of Christ" in these matters of Your kingdom, Your church, Your government, and Your leadership (1 Corinthians 2:16). Align my thoughts with Your thoughts and my desires with Your desires. Give me humility and wisdom to allow You to shift my perspective to align with Your perspective in every way necessary for You to rule and reign as King in my life and through my life, as Your kingdom comes and Your will is done on earth as it is in heaven. "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Messiah" (Revelation 12:10). "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Messiah and He will reign forever and ever" (v. 11:15). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Please come join us if you can and pray for us if you can't as we seek the Lord together at our Greater Lexington Strategic Prayer Summit January 11-12 -- "Know Our Calling, Fulfill Our Destiny" with may key prayer leaders, worship leaders, and intercessors from our city and region. A flyer is attached and all are welcome with free registration to come join us in prayer, praise, and proclamation. God bless you and your city this New Year! Please spread the word and come join us. If you are in our area, I will be teaching a series on Prayer Ministry on Wednesday nights starting January 9th at my home church of Centenary in Lexington. Please come join us. All are welcome. And I will be teaching an intensive short course for our School of Spiritual Ministry January 21-24 in Lexington, included on the flyer attached. If you are in Western Kentucky, I'll be teaching the School of Spiritual Ministry at First United Methodist Church in Madisonville Friday night and Saturday the first three weekends of February. Write or call for details to Marilyn Walker: 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe/unsubscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com