Friday, January 18, 2008

"Prepare My People in Goshen" 1-18-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Good Shepherd, help me hear Your voice, run to You, and follow You today. ... "But on that day I will set apart the land of Goshen, where My people live, so that no swarms of flies shall be there, that you may know that I the Lord am in this land. Thus I shall make a distinction between My people and your people. This sign shall appear tomorrow. The Lord did so ..." (Exodus 8:22-24). It seems I hear You saying, "Prepare My people in Goshen." What is "Goshen" for me, Lord? These thoughts from Your Holy Spirit seem to be rising up in my human spirit and into my mind: " 'Goshen' is the place of provision, protection, and peace. 'Goshen' is in Me. I am your provision, protection, and peace." What do You mean for me to "prepare Your people?" It seems You are impressing these words on my heart: "By My grace and with those I have chosen to help you, teach My people to pray, just as I have been teaching you to pray. Through the intimacy of communion in prayer, you enter in to the place I have prepared for you. This is the place of My provision, protection, and peace no matter what judgments or evil may come. And teach them to pray for one another, to hear My voice and speak My words, to be My vessels to display My glory and My power on earth as it is in heaven." Lord, I'm not qualified and I have so much to learn and I've not had those kinds of experiences yet like the things that are coming to mind by these words. I hear: "None are righteous; no, not one. None are qualified; no, not one. All are in need of My grace. And My grace comes through desperate dependence on Me with a humble heart to seek Me and obey Me by the grace I give. You do your part, by the grace and with the gifts I have given you, just as I am calling each of My children to do their part by My grace. As you have heard before, 'I do not call the qualified; I qualify the called.' Yes, Lord. These words ring true as I test them in my spirit and against the standard of Your written Word. I pray You would confirm what I believe You are speaking through the trusted voices and counsel of others. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose to trust You and obey You. You are my 'Goshen.' "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and they are safe" (Proverbs 18:10). "You are my hiding place and my shield" (Psalm 119:114). I choose to "live in the shelter of the Most High" and "abide in the shadow of the Almighty"; "under (Your) wings (I) will find refuge." As You have promised, "Those who love Me, I will deliver; I will protect those who know My name (Psalm 91:1-16). You have prepared a place for me -- not just in heaven, but also here on earth -- so that wherever You are, I may be also (John 14:3). You are calling Your people to 'Goshen' -- the place of Your abundance and blessing (Genesis 47:27). You are giving us grace to enter through this gate of righteousness where the gates of hell cannot prevail (Matthew 16:18). As You teach me and deliver me and draw me into the Goshen of Your Presence, qualify me to help others by Your grace and Your power. Together, we will know Your provision, protection, and peace through the intimacy and the ministry of prayer. Let the world see the distinction of those who abide in You and those who do not, so that all may "come to repentance" and be drawn into You and the fullness of Your salvation (2 Peter 3:9). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we're providing a full scholarship and board for Pastor John in Nepal to come to our School of Spiritual Ministry next week to receive teaching and ministry and take it back to his nation. He has a visa and reservations and is praying intensely for the funds for his plane fare (about $2,000 need today). If you feel led to help make this happen, please call Marilyn Walker immediately 859-317-1591 Come to The Fountain! this Friday Night, the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's city-wide gathering of the body of Christ from many different traditions and streams to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Sandra White and I will lead in prayer and Jeff Greene will lead in worship. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary in Lexington: www.CentenaryLex.com All who are thirsty are welcome. Call or write for details: 859-422-1794 Subscribe/unsubscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org