Friday, January 11, 2008

"Seek the Welfare of the City" 1-11-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. At Your name, I bow my knees and confess with my tongue that You are Lord. I open my heart and lift up my spirit to welcome You as Lord of my life and Lord of this day. ... "But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare" (Jeremiah 29:7). You strategically position us for Your strategic purposes. You send us where You want us for the season at hand. Let Your plans determine my plans and Your purposes determine my purposes -- where I live, work, go to church, raise my family; where I eat lunch, go get gas, shop for groceries. Let me see all the moments of my life as strategic for Your purposes (v. 29:11). And not for my welfare alone, but seeking You just as much for the welfare of those around me in this generation and the ones to come. "When it goes well with the righteous, the city rejoices" (Proverbs 11:10). Let me seek first Your kingdom and Your righteousness, embracing the purposes and plans of my King. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Tonight! our Greater Lexington Strategic Prayer Summit January 11-12 -- "Know Our Calling, Fulfill Our Destiny" begins this weekend at Church of the Savior on Brannon Road on the south side of Lexington (Friday night 7-9; Saturday 9-9). We'll have harp and bowl prayer and intercession with a number of teams, prophetic insight and prayer points for the coming year from many different leaders with interactive prayer, praise, and proclamation. Please come if you can, pray for us if you can't, and spread the word! Write or call for details to Marilyn Walker: 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com I pray for the Lord to move mightily in Your city and nation! A flyer is attached. We started my Wednesday night teaching and equipping series on Prayer Ministry at my home church this week with a full house, but still have room for more to join us next Wednesday. I sense an urgency to help prepare for this coming season of healing, deliverance, and miracles for a great harvest of salvation and transformation. All are welcome: www.CentenaryLex.com I will be teaching an intensive short course for our School of Spiritual Ministry January 21-24 in Lexington. Scholarships are available so all can come. Also, if you are in Western Kentucky, I'll be teaching the School of Spiritual Ministry at First United Methodist Church in Madisonville Friday night and Saturday the first three weekends of February. All are welcome. Write or call for details to Marilyn Walker: 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe/unsubscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org