Monday, January 07, 2008

"Such as I am" 1-7-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I am a son of God through the blood of the Lamb. ... "But Paul replied and said, 'I am not out of my mind ... but I am speaking the sober truth.... I pray to God that not only you but also all who are listening to me today might become such as I am -- except for these chains' " (Acts 26:25-29). Paul knew who he was in Christ. And he wanted the same for everyone everywhere he went. So do I. I am a son of God. "For in Christ Jesus (we) are all children of God through faith" (Galatians 3:26). "See, what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God, for that is what we are.... Beloved, we are God's children now" (1 John 3:1-2). Let that sober truth settle in to my heart and soul and mind. Let that sober truth fill my spirit and go forth from my mouth -- I am a son of God and the Son of God is living in me, living Your life through me and each of Your children for Your glory. Let that sober truth change the way I see myself and think of myself, more every day. You are "bringing many sons to glory" -- the glory of Your Presence, Your power, Your authority, Your kingdom living in us and being manifested through us (Hebrews 2:10, NKJV). As Paul said, "I am not out of mind." You are just aligning my mind with Your mind. By Your grace and according to the truth of Your Word, "(I) have the mind of Christ" (1 Corinthians 2:16). As I behold You and Your glory, I am being changed into Your image from glory to glory (2 Corinthians 3:18). And that's the sober truth I will proclaim according to Your Word as You manifest Your truth in me, conforming my mind to Yours and my identity to who You say I am. And may all who are listening to me become such as I am by grace in faith. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, this Wednesday night 1/9 at 6:15, I will begin a teaching and equipping series on Prayer Ministry at my home church. All are welcome: www.CentenaryLex.com Please come join us if you can and pray for us if you can't as we seek the Lord together at our Greater Lexington Strategic Prayer Summit January 11-12 -- "Know Our Calling, Fulfill Our Destiny" with may key prayer leaders, worship leaders, and intercessors from our city and region. A flyer is attached and all are welcome with free registration to come join us in prayer, praise, and proclamation. God bless you and your city this New Year! Please spread the word and come join us. I will be teaching an intensive short course for our School of Spiritual Ministry January 21-24 in Lexington, included on the flyer attached. If you are in Western Kentucky, I'll be teaching the School of Spiritual Ministry at First United Methodist Church in Madisonville Friday night and Saturday the first three weekends of February. All are welcome. Write or call for details to Marilyn Walker: 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe/unsubscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com