Friday, February 01, 2008

Be Not "Found Fighting Against God" 2-1-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I steady my soul and quiet my spirit as I simply come to speak out Your name and seek out Your face. ... "Then the word of the Lord came to me: Mortal, your kinsfolk, your own kin, your fellow exiles, the whole house of Israel, all of them, are those of whom the inhabitants of Jerusalem have said, 'They have gone far from the Lord; to us this land is given for a possession.' Therefore say: Thus says the Lord God: Though I removed them far away among the nations, and though I scattered them among the countries, yet I have been a sanctuary to them for a little while in the countries where they have gone. Therefore say: Thus says the Lord God: I will gather you from the peoples, and assemble you out of the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel" (Ezekiel 11:14-17). One day, "all Israel will be saved" (Romans 11:26). One day, they will look to their Messiah, they will "look on the One whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over Him, as one weeps over a firstborn.... On that day a fountain shall be opened for the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and impurity" (Zechariah 12:10 - 13:1). In that day of repentance and faith that will come through the brokenness of pride and the pain of judgment by a loving God who cannot bear to ever let Your people go from Your heart or Your covenant, You have said, "I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph. I will bring them back because I have compassion on them, and they shall be as though I had not rejected them; for I am the Lord their God and I will answer them" (Zechariah 10:6). So until that day, let us pray for fulfillment of the salvation of Israel. Though she may experience brokenness and judgment and even a great measure of destruction according to the many prophecies of Your Word, one day she will be restored and redeemed in fulfillment of her destiny. "On that day the Lord their God will save them for they are the flock of His people; for like the jewels of a crown they shall shine on His land" (Zechariah 9:16). Gentile and Jew together will embrace You, Lord Jesus, as Messiah, Lord, and King when "the full number of Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved; as it is written, 'Out of Zion will come the Deliverer; He will banish ungodliness from Jacob.' And this is My covenant with them, when I take their away their sins" (Romans 11:25-27). "And even those of Israel, if they do not persist in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again" (Romans 11:23). And let us not enter in to the sin of judgment against Israel. "They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand only through faith. So do not become proud, but stand in awe" (Romans 11:20). For on the day of her great salvation will also be the day of great judgment for all who accused her and condemned her in their arrogance and pride. As You have also warned and proclaimed in Your Word, "And on that day I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem" (Zechariah 12:9). Though You may even use the arrogant actions of prideful nations as an instrument of Your judgment of the sin of Israel in order to restore her to her place of honor and blessing through fulfilled faith in You, there will be a day of judgment for all the nations who accused her, condemned her, and violated her. "Therefore, as I live, says the Lord God, I will deal with you according to the anger and envy that you showed because of your hatred against them; and I will make Myself known among you, when I judge you. You shall know that I, the Lord, have heard all the abusive speech that you uttered against the mountains of Israel, saying, 'They are laid desolate, they are given us to devour.' And you magnified yourselves against Me with your mouth, and multiplied your words against Me; I heard it. Thus says the Lord God: As the whole earth rejoices, I will make you desolate. As you rejoiced over the house of the inheritance of Israel, because it was desolate, so I will deal with you; you shall be desolate, Mount Seir, and all Edom, all of it. Then they shall know that I am the Lord" (Ezekiel 35:11-15). There is a movement within my stream of the body of Christ of the United Methodist Church discussing proposals to judge, condemn, and punish Israel as an occupying force in the land of her Biblical inheritance. And while all Israel is not yet saved, all her actions are not right, and the fulfillment of the promise of Your covenant to take away her heart of stone and fill her with Your Spirit has not yet fully come to pass, You have not rejected her or replaced her; You still love her and honor her and fight for her (Ezekiel 36:22-38). So let us not "be found fighting against God" (Acts 5:39). Let us seek You and the leading of Your Spirit in humility, in faith, and in obedience to Your Word. Let no one speak for me who speaks against You. Lord, convict us of every sin of failing to know Your Word and Your will for Israel. Let us not speak out of our own emotions or wisdom or under the pressure of world opinion and the fear of man. Let us not be found uttering abusive speech and words of condemnation and judgment, seeking to punish those who take a stand for Your people and the inheritance of hope and land You have given them according to Your Word and Your plan and Your covenant. Who are we to think we know better than You? Will not Your Word and Your warning come to pass for all who fail to know It and obey It? "I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse; and in you all the families of the earth will be blessed" (Genesis 12:3). Let us repent of our sins and turn our hearts to You. Let us seek the leading of Your Holy Spirit and not give to the leading of merely human emotions. Let us be found fighting for Your people not fighting against God, agreeing with the Redeemer and no longer agreeing with the accuser. As You have commanded us and promised us: "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: May they prosper who love you" (Psalm 122:6). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I believe these are very significant issues of faith in God and submission to the authority of His Word. Please pray for me and for my part of the body of Christ to have the right heart and spirit in our discussions and decisions. I pray the same for you and every part of the body of Christ. Subscribe/unsubscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org